Wednesday, 17 March 2010
After the try with Katsudon, I had to try making Oyakodon :p I found out that Oyako means a parent and child in Japanese, as it is made of chicken and egg!
Thursday, 11 March 2010
Pork (Pork shoulder or pork collar with a bit of fat)
1 tablespoon of sesame oil
1 tablespoon of honey
1 tablespoon of black soya sauce
1 tsp stock or water
1. Marinade the pork with marinate for at least 3 hours, preferable overnight.
2. Turn the pork after a few hours to evenly marinade it.
3. Set the oven temperature to 220 degrees and bake with the foil for 15 mins.
4. Open the foil and bake till the top layer is almost cooked and then turn the meat to the other side.
5. When the meat is almost cooked, spread the glaze on both sides and continue baking until it is almost charred, but not burnt. Keep on turning the meat, glaze and bake for 10 mins.