Tuesday 21 July 2009

Steamed Chicken with Black Fungus

Now that I'm a housewife, I will take special care in preparing food for my hubby. He is very thin, however, he has slight cholestrol problems. So, all you thin guys out there, don't think that you won't have a cholestrol problem... It's better to run some tests.

I was browsing through all the food blogs and considering what to cook. I came across one of my favourite bloggers - Lily's Wai Sek Hong and found this wonderful recipe: Country-Style Steamed Chicken.

I followed her recipe, but added more shallots and garlic as garnishing. I have also added some chilli slices and chopped spring onion.

It really tastes great! However, my hubby complained that the chicken pieces have bones... So, for my next try, I will use boneless chicken thighs.



1 comment:

  1. Nice dish there! My mum would make this dish (looks like Lily's dish) with chopped up chicken wings - yes it has bones though. If I make this now, I use skinless boneless chicken thigh too. So quick and easy for me when I need to cook dinner in a hurry when I finish work!

    ReplyDelete