Tuesday 11 August 2009

New House - Kitchen


My kitchen is a small L-shaped kitchen. We initially wanted to redo the whole kitchen but found out that since the cabinets are still in good condition, we can save some money. It used to only have a sink and cooking area, with no workspace. Hence, we took out the refrigerator and built another tabletop and put the oven below.

In order for it to appear bigger, we also knocked down a section of the wall so that we can put slightly tinted sliding doors. There is also insufficient space for storage. Therefore, we used those IKEA clear boxes to try and organise the things and stacked them up.



We went to IKEA and found out that we can save a lot of worktop space by hanging things. Over here, you can see that the kitchen roll and some of the spices are hanging from a bar. My Zwilling knife set is also at the corner. The knives are of really good quality. I'm glad I bought them :)



This is the stove area. The microwave oven is in a box above the counter. I asked to place a black glass against the wall. It used to be a sheet of aluminium. I think black glass looks nicer and it gives the kitchen the black and white feel.



This is my Siemens oven and the Siemens washer-dryer. A built-in oven is really much much better. However, as I bought the cheapest model, it doesn't come with self-cleaning functions. Hence, the stains are quite difficult to remove.


Lastly, this is the washing area. We have a hanging dish rack on top of the sink to save space. As it is a small area, I will normally put them back in the cupboards once they are dried.

No comments:

Post a Comment