Sunday 27 September 2009

賽螃蟹

I made some mango puffs the other day and the recipe called for 4 egg yolks. Hmmm… What to do with the remaining 4 egg whites? The only dish I can think of is . It is a simple dish but it is one that requires skill and practice. This is my third try and I think it is already better than the previous tries.

I soaked some dried scallop in hot water until they are soft and shred them. Drain them and retain the water. As to the egg whites, I added in some milk, salt and pepper. I also added the cooled “soaked scallop” water.

This dish required quite a lot of oil, so as to prevent the egg whites from sticking to the wok. Add in the shredded dried scallops and stir fry for awhile. Pour in the egg white mixture and scrambled them continuously. Remove from heat when you see that the egg white is setting.

I have some boiled broccoli and placed them around the dish for decorations.

No comments:

Post a Comment