Thursday 11 March 2010

Mee Hoon Kway



Really missed Mee Hoon Kway! I happened to see this recipe and decided to give it a try myself. I tried the recipe for the dough but it appears a bit too wet, no matter how I knead... It could be because I used extra large eggs, so I added more flour.

It was also quite difficult for me to find good ikan bilis. Searched through a few supermarkets for them, before chancing upon them at the supermarket near my place. Instead of using the microwave to "fry" the ikan bilis, I used my wok to fry them.

I used minced pork and threw them bit by bit into the soup, instead of sliced meat.

The dough turned out to be quite thick and tough... :( However, I had some leftovers and when I made them hot the next day, the dough pieces have turned soft and nice! So, I think I will keep them overnight for my next try. I also wanted to try ban mian instead, as my hubby prefers it. I saw some instant ban mian in the supermarket. Will post the pics when we try it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment